Fashion and style are major parts of The Culture. Check out our list of African-American designers and stylist.
- Carly Cushnie – Co-founder of the Cushnie Et Ochs fashion line. Their signature looks are clean, modern cut-out dresses, sculpted knitwear, and tailored pieces best known for impeccable fit.
- Sean Combs –
- Charles Harbison – Creative Director and Founder of his label Harbison aluxury fashion brand that caters to women who embrace both their femininity and masculinity through modernly constructed and luxurious clothing pieces.
- Tracey Reese – specializes in ready-to-wear clothing, accessories, and home fashions and frequently dresses First Lady Michelle Obama.
- Korto Momolu – Liberian-born fashion designer and brand owner has designed for Liberia’s female president, Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf and Miss Universe Leila Lopes.
- Laura Smalls – This fashion designer that First Lady Michelle Obama wore at the Democratic National Convention and also designs for Zoe Saldana, Halle Berry, Angelina Jolie, and Kerry Washington.
- Samantha Black – A Project Runway Season 11 fashion alum, who now designs for her own clothing lines SamanthaBlack and SammyB.
- Kimberly Goldson – Designer of modern women’s wear “infused with cosmopolitan sensibility” and is known for using rich fabrics and creating clothing pieces that empower global women.
- Azede Jean-Pierre – Haiti-born and NYC based designer known for celebrating the sensual femininity in her designs. Has been on the cover of Women’s Wear Daily.
- Darlene & Lizzy Okpo – Two sisters of Nigerian descent who have their own brand William Okpo (named after their father). Designed many of Solange Knowles’ looks.
- Maxwell Osborne – Co-founder of streetwear clothing line, Public School that has been dominating the men’s streetwear market since they launched their line back in 2012. Collabed with Jordan to design the PSNY sneaker line.
- Stella Jean – An Italian-Haitian fashion designer who creates high fashion pieces through her own brand of eccentric, mix-and-match and bold prints that are flattering to any body type.
- Kerby Jean-Raymond – Founder of the menswear label Pyer Moss and designs sneakers for Reebok (assisting with some of Yeezy’s with Kanye West) He is also known to design for celebrities like Usher.
- Dumebi Andrea Iyamah – Canadian-based Nigerian designer that designs both resort wear and ready-to-wear and a couture line to cater to people who want more exclusive designs.
- Kahindo Mateene – Congo-born designer of visually striking collections by fusing together trends and traditions of her heritage, resulting in a unique and bold aesthetic with hints of feminine sentiment.
- Duro Olowu – A British lawyer-turned-designer. He has launched a number of collections, and is also a part of the small list of designers First Lady Michelle Obama wears.
- Patrick Robinson –
- Sandro Romans – Jamaican-born and New York-based fashion designer of uber-stylish, trendsetting menswear.
- Olivier Rousteing – Parisian-born fashion designer who began his career designing for Roberto Cavalli in 2003. He is currently the creative director for Balmain.
- Willie Smith –
- David Tlale – South African-based designer of high-fashion designs that have been shown across the world. He is the acclaimed King of Fashion in South Africa.
- Ginna Clark – Owner of The Pretty Biz, has styled for MTV, and VH1.